Cherkasy branch of the state institution “Institute of soil protection of Ukraine”Historical background
The institution was established pursuant to Resolution No. 749 of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR of July 23, 1964 “On the organization of agrochemical service in agriculture of the Ukrainian SSR”.
Since February 1965 – this is a zonal agrochemical laboratory.
Since 31/03/1984 – Cherkasy regional state design and exploration station for agricultural chemicalization
Since 30/05/2000 – Cherkasy regional state design and technological center for the protection of soil fertility and product quality (Cherkasy center “Oblderzhrodyuchist”).
Since 07/06/2013 – Cherkasy branch of the state institution “Institute of soil protection of Ukraine “(Cherkasy branch of the SI “Derzhgruntokhorona”).
Main production indicators
· The average annual volume of agrochemical soil research is 170-180 thousand hectares, 4.1 – 4.5 thousand land plots.
· Selection of soil samples – 18-23 thousand pieces.
· The average annual volume of soil analyses is 230-250 thousand of analyses.
· Development of PCD and PDD for Liming, plastering and defecation – 30 thousand hectares.
· Quality control of agricultural products – 150-170 samples.
· Sampling for toxicological control – 3.0–3.3 thousand samples.
· Radiological studies of soils, plants, and feed-250-270 samples.
· Certification of crop products – 30-40 thousand tons.
· Based on soil studies, recommendations are given for the use of fertilizers on household plots – 120-150 plots.
· Every year, consultations are provided to landowners and land users – about 140 farms.
The main direction of scientific and technical activity of the branch is soil monitoring and agrochemical certification of agricultural land. Research results are described in scientific reports, guidelines, and scientific publications.
Every year, the branch’s specialists take part in seminars, meetings, round tables, scientific and practical conferences, field days within the framework of regional and national programs.
A lecture work is being conducted for managers and specialists of the agro-industrial complex, where they offer: developments on the implementation of recommendations and measures to ensure soil fertility and the use of agrochemicals on the example of advanced farms in the region; ways to improve the efficiency of using mineral fertilizers based on the agrochemical characteristics of soils; modern technologies for reproducing soil fertility; modern technologies for Liming acidic soils; analysis of the balance of nutrients and humus in agriculture; requirements for soils in organic farming, etc.
Cherkasy branch of the state institution “Institute of soil protection of Ukraine” sucessfully cooperates with Cherkasy regional state administration, Department of agro-industrial development of Cherkasy regional state administration, Cherkasy state technological University, Cherkasy national University named after Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Cherkasy state agricultural experimental station of NSC “Institute of Agriculture of the national academy of agrarian sciences of Ukraine”, Uman national University of horticulture, advisory services.